Marijuana Friendly Recipes from Your Dispensary in Nova Scotia
Tips to Cook EdiblesThe great thing about being a popular dispensary in Nova Scotia is that we get lots of insight from professionals and patients on what works best with our products. From beef jerky to ice cream, we’re finding more and more ways to incorporate medical marijuana into the foods you eat regularly. The results are not only interesting, it’s fun discovering new edibles that work! Before you whip up one of these delicious recipes, it’s important to go over your checklist for weed edible baking success. Here are some important tips to consider before you begin.
- Choose the right strain. The base of your weed edibles is something you should definitely consider. The right choice depends on the type of mood you are in, the social situation you will enter before or after consuming the edibles, and the time of day you’re planning to eat them. Simply put. Are you making a daytime or nighttime edible? Do you want something to consume while you relax at home or while you are out with a group of people? Are you looking to get your chill on or get a boost in energy? When you buy weed online in Nova Scotia, each product shows a thorough description of how the strain tends to make you feel. Of course, everyone is different and reacts differently to each product. But, you will get the general idea by reading about the product.
- Prepare your weed before cooking. There is actually a reason why marijuana is more commonly smoked than eaten. Raw weed refers to weed that isn’t burnt or heated. Without heat, weed is actually non-psychoactive and considered to be a super food. It’s packed with vitamins, essential oils, and acids. There is a whole process to decarboxylation. Decarbing your weed will deliver the best results for edibles. Check out this informative video for more information on how to decarb.
- Finding the right dosage. Serving size is important when making edibles. Every strain of marijuana differs in potency, but you can estimate the average percentage of THC. The Cannabist has a great article on calculating THC dosage for edible recipes. If you are new to the medical marijuana world, you should cut edibles into quarters and wait at least an hour in between doses just to see how it affects you. Talk to someone from our dispensary in Nova Scotia for more information on the potency of the products you use.
- Bonus Tip. Just because we care so much about our patients, we’re throwing in a bonus tip to help you in the event of a mishap! Let’s say you messed up the math when weighing out your ingredients. Or, maybe you missed our advice on taking it slow for new time edible consumers and ate a full edible on your first try. If you find you have consumed too much of that delicious edible, do not panic! It happens! You can stifle your high by consuming pistachios or pine nuts. These both contain pinene and are helpful for mental clarity. Additionally, citrus acid can help as well. Lemons, oranges, and grapefruits can give you a boost of citrus acid and help you out.
3 Awesome Recipes from Your Favorite Dispensary in Nova Scotia
The primary ingredient in most edible recipes is Cannabutter. The process of making Cannabutter involves extracting THC from the cannabis and infusing it with the butter. The key to a great Cannabutter result is to remember-low and slow. The best Cannabutter comes when you infuse it over low heat for a few hours. Avoid letting it come to a boil. This makes full activation of the THC. Here is a great Cannabutter recipe to get you started. Store your Cannabutter in an airtight container or wrap it with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge if you are not using it all right away. It can be stored safely in the fridge for several weeks and will last in the freezer for up to six months. When you buy weed online in Nova Scotia and prepare your Cannabutter, you’ll be ready to enjoy these classic recipes.
Best Brownie Edible Recipe AroundWe’ve taken the advice of many of our dispensary in Nova Scotia patients for the best brownie edible recipe. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 stick of Cannabutter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 jumbo eggs
- ¼ cup of vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of bakind soda
- 1 vanilla bean
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- Soften Cannabutter before mixing batter.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a second bowl, combine the guts of one vanilla bean and eggs.
- Melt chocolate and stir vegetable shortening into the chocolate until it melts.
- Stream chocolate mixture into the eggs slowly and mix with a spatula.
- Fold in Cannabutter.
- Be sure to mix slowly, but thoroughly.
- Fold the wet batter into the dry ingredients. Stir until mixed.
- Grease a 9×7 baking pan.
- Smooth out the mixture into the pan and tap it on the counter a few times to be sure there is no air trapped inside.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate the pan in the oven. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let cool completely.
- Portion brownies and enjoy!
Best Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Our patients love this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe. It’s delicious! Get your oven pre-heating to 375°F, grab the following ingredients, and get baking!
- 2 sticks of softened Cannabutter
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix until you obtain a creamy consistency.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredient mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 11 minutes or until light brown.
- Let cool thoroughly.
Marijuana Infused Rice Crispy Treat Recipe
While you should definitely keep an eye out for lots of new recipes in the future, the last of our online dispensary in Nova Scotia recipes today is our rice crispy treat recipe. Who doesn’t love a tasty rice crispy treat? Adults and kids alike can’t seem to resist these yummy marshmallow treats. Here’s the best of the best when it comes to marijuana infused rice crispy treat recipe.
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons of Cannabutter
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5 cups of Rice Krispy cereal (or any version of crispy rice cereal)
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
- Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Melt Cannabutter, coconut oil, and extract in a pan over medium heat.
- With heat remaining on medium, slowly add marshmallows while stirring constantly.
- When mixture is well blended, remove from heat and add cereal immediately. Add in small portions until cereal is evenly covered. (Coat your spoon with oil first to make mixing easier)
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheet and mold to desired thickness.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into portioned serving sizes.